Monday, November 21, 2011

A Much Needed Break...

Hello Everyone!! I am enjoying my first weekday of my Thanksgiving break. I counted down the days until this break and it is finally here. I am planning to get alot of organizing and cleaning done on my break along with spending quality time with my hubby.

 I was sitting thinking about the blessings that are in my life and how too many times I can get so focused on the problems in life rather than the blessings of life. Yesterday I heard a story at church about Corrie Ten Boom and her sister when they were in the concentration camp. She was infested with fleas and thanked God for being able to be infested with fleas because none of the soldiers would enter the camp to do searches which in turn allowed her to keep her Bible. Then the preacher said, "Too many times the things we complain about are the things that God wants to use to help us draw closer to Him, but rather we need to take those things and use them to help us draw closer to God just as Corrie Ten Boom did."  I sat thinking to myself of how many times I choose to complain about those things in life that are not easy and yet those may be the moments that God wants to use to draw me closer to Him.

So with that said, I am going to enjoy my much needed break and bask in the goodness of God. I will enjoy the moments and memories that I can make this week and rejuvenate myself so that I can be prepared for a fresh start on the Monday when I go back.

So, remember even when things don't look so great and you want to take the moment to complain remember it may be a moment that God wants you to take to draw closer to Him.  Take this week teachers and relax and rejuvenate yourself to prepare for the Monday when we all go back to our little munchkins.

Best Wishes In Teaching....

Til' Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment