Friday, November 11, 2011

Struggling...

Today marks week two of my class having so much difficulty. I leave everyday feeling like a complete failure because my kids do not seem interested in what is going on in the classroom, some don't seem to be progressing as quickly as I feel they should be and their behaviors are flat out outrageous at times. I have kids who want to lay all over the floor and scream, jump up and down and cry because they didn't think it was fair to miss outside time, throw toys across the room, paint all over the easel while looking at me and laughing, students telling me that I can't do anything to them so they can do whatever they want, and do I need to go on...
 Again, the class is in the transition of having another teacher come to work with us and this does not set well with them. They cannot handle any inconsistency; however things like this have to take place. I have been told that I do not speak up loud enough and yell at the kids enough and I have been asked to meet with a set of parents so they can give me some strategies that they have used with their other children to see if they will work with their daughter that is in my class.

Needless to say, each week that I am working in the classroom this year seems to be increasing in difficulty. I want to know if there is something that I am doing wrong or if it is just the batch of kids that I have this year that are the way they are. I never want to deprive my class of something that they need to learn because I am not teaching it to them. I want to be aware of each child's needs and be able to help each one of them individually.

I know God has called me to teach and to work with children and to educate them for their future. It just seems difficult many times when there seems to be no solution for the behaviors that are happening in class.

So, rather than giving any advice I am asking for advice and prayer during this time to help me to be the teacher I need to be for my students now and in the future.

Best Wishes In Teaching!

Til' Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment